Stoney Lake Lodge
Brian Chan and with a clean Kamloops rainbow!
Location: Kamloops region of BC
Dates: September 21-25, 2020
Price: $1750 per angler
Trip hosted by The Avid Angler
- Noted lake guru Phil Rowley will be your instructor, along with a staff member from The Avid Angler
- Exclusive fishing rights to Stoney Lake, located on Stoney Lake Lodge.
- Excellent opportunities for large Kamloops Rainbows cruising in less than 6 feet of water!
- Price includes; all accommodation (based on two persons sharing a room), food (breakfast, lunch and a gourmet dinner)
- Also included are evening stillwater seminars with Phil Rowley, as well as daily fishing opportunities with this stillwater master.
- Access to properly outfitted boats provided by the lodge
- Alcohol and gratuities are extra
The lodge is furnished with a fully licensed lounge bar, tastefully decorated dining room and large rock fireplace. A large sun deck with hot tub is immediately adjacent to the lounge and makes an ideal spot for outdoor barbecues while enjoying the stunning view of Stoney Lake's famous sunsets. Rainbow trout and bird/wildlife activity can be observed right from the large windows of the lounge. Space for this unique opportunity is limited so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-347-4874 for more details.
To book a space, we require a 50% deposit to hold your spot and a final payment is due one month prior to travel. We look forward to hearing from you!
TRIP REPORT - Oct 10-14, 2018
Lake water temperatures were in the low 50's to start the trip, as the summer and early fall were unseasonable warm. Fish were spread about the different regions and depths of the lake. But the lake cooled the first night and brought more fish into the drop-offs and shoals. Best action was on stripped scuds, boatman and micro leeches. But the daphnia were very active on the drop-offs, so blobs slowly stripped or under an indicator were extremely effective. The chironomid fishing was sporadic, as it typically is this time of year. A few fish in the 8 pound range were hooked, with lots of fish in the 4-6 pound class. There are three distinct stains of Kamloops rainbows in Stoney Lake. Awesome experience! -Ryan Smith, The Avid Angler
Wonderful rainbow ready for release
View from the lodge
Co-host Brian Chan with a fatty!
Looking back at your humble abode
Your co-host Phil with a large BC bow