AVID ANGLER PRO NOTES:
The Airflo FIST adds another dimension to the Steelheaders Spey arsenal. Designed to get flies down and fished with a slower drift, this line will increase your success. Perfect for Winter and early Spring water conditions.
- Chrome chasers rejoice! The new Airflo Skagit F.I.S.T is here and ready to swing for the fences. The innovative head design was created to help people fish lower and slower.
- Our field test team says that the new Skagit F.I.S.T (Floating, Intermediate, Sink-Three) “really digs” and has gotten people into fish they could not catch with other lines. This new line fishes deeper and slower that other lines because of its triple-density construction. The head’s rear floats high for improved drift tracking, transitioning to an intermediate-density middle section and a Sink-3 tip.
- This unique construction allows the head to “tip down” in the water column and give from the fly to the tip of the rod. Loop on any level sink tip and you’re ready for the pickiest fish in the river.
Features welded loops on both ends
Front Taper: The aggressive front taper allows for maximum turnover power for sink tip rigs. The front taper is a type 3 sink material to get your sink tip and fly down deeper, and swing slower.
Belly: The intermediate sink belly is a moderate length for easy casting and the ability to reach on the longer casts..
Rear Taper: The floating condensed rear taper makes for quick and easy loading and maximim shootability.
- Sink tips: All Skagit heads are designed to exclusively be used with sink tips. For the Skagit FIST, we do not recommend AIRFLO FLO tips due to the sinking nature of the front taper. We recommend using CCT tips exclusively.
- Running Lines: The Skagit FIST includes the head only and requires a running line. Please browse our running line options to see which one suits your purposes.