Abel once again raised the level of what a fishing tool could by taking one of the most basic accessories, and re-envisioning it with high quality parts, and perfected performance. Instead of the typical cutter-and-anvil design, the Abel Nipper features two jaws with knife grade steel cutting blades that cleanly snip 8X tippet, heavy leader material, and even braided backing. Overbuilt? Yes. Overkill? Definitely not. The Abel Nipper has quickly become one of the most essential items to include in a fly fisherâ€™s, and fly tyerâ€™s kit.
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USAÂ
- Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum body constructionÂ
- Replaceable jaws - machined out of premium grade Crucible CPM S35VN stainless steel, then heat treated to 58-60rcÂ
- Engineered to cut 7X - 100 lb mono and braidÂ
- Two Year limited warranty on the jaws after initial purchaseÂ
- Pin - 316 stainless steelÂ
AVID ANGLER PRO NOTES:
Sharp, durable and gorgeous to boot, the Abel nipper is truly a must have for the serious fly angler.